|The Chess Correspondent|
CCLA has produced The Chess Correspondent since 1940! It is currently
issued quarterly and has won the Chess Journalists of America award for Best Postal Magazine seven times, in 1997 and 2001 - 2006.
The magazine regularly reports on important national and international CC events, for example, World Championships, Olympiads, and
U.S. Championships. If you had received The Chess Correspondent in the last 12 months, you would have seen (among other things)...
- Latest rating list and tournament results, both postal and server, in every issue
- Readers' Games, including games from premier ICCF and CCLA events, annotated by the players and/or Readers' Games columnists
- The annual Readers' Survey with results tabulated by Dr. Glen Shields
- An in-depth article on the Sveshnikov Sicilian (ECO: B33) by IM Wolff Morrow
- Preparing to Win, an article describing use of pgn databases for opening research, by IM Tony Kain
- My Nearly 50 Years of Correspondence Chess, nostalgia by Dr. Glen Shields
- CCLA and the Evolution of Correspondence Chess, by CCLA President Herb Hickman
- In depth analysis of the Scotch Opening (ECO: C45) by IM Wieland Belka
- ... and more!
|Read a sample CC magazine (.pdf file) online: The Chess Correspondent|
|To view pdf files, you will need Adobe Reader installed.|
|Download it for free here. |